Three Turf Cutting Tools
There are three main tools you will use to cut Turf: the hand tool, the shape tool, and the square tool. Keep in mind that you cannot create Turf that overlaps.
- Point to point Turf boundary creation tool
- Complete shapes by connecting end point with start point
- Draws a rectangle shape that creates Turf boundaries
- Click any point and drag the cursor to create rectangle border
- Selecting and editing Turf
- To do so, simply right click anywhere inside the Turf, but not on top of a household or the turf number. This makes the boundaries available to edit by dragging the white dots. After adjusting a small arrow will pop up to undo the adjustment.
- Moving the map: With the hand tool click the map and drag to shift the map view
- Bisecting Turf (see instructions below)
To split a Turf or cut a portion into another Turf, you can use the Bisect Turf feature. Using the hand tool, simply click a point within the Turf where you’d like the boundary and you'll see a red triangle drop at that point (bottom left in Turf). Then click on a second point within the Turf.
That will split the Turf along the line that is drawn between those points and extending to the border of the Turf.
You will not be able to drop bisect points on top of households or on top of the actual Turf number.
To combine two adjacent Turfs, first click on the Merge button/icon at the top of the Turf cutting window. You may only combine Turfs that have been bisected or cut by precinct.
Then select the two Turfs to merge and they will merge into one single Turf.
(Turf 1 is selected)
Undo and Redo
You may undo or redo any changes made while Turf cutting. The buttons to do so are located in the top right corner of the window. If you cannot see these buttons, try widening your browser window.
Another way to erase Turfs is to reset all Turf. This will clear the screen of all created Turfs, leaving you a blank slate.
To delete just one Turf polygon hover over the Turf name in the left hand column. A button will appear to close just that Turf.
With the copy Turf feature, you can copy over Turf from a previous Effort.
Select Copy Turf button and a pop up box will appear where you may select two items: the date and Effort from which you'd like to copy Turf. Copy Turf is especially useful if you’re canvassing the same area again or running multiple Efforts repeatedly in the same area.
The Turf numbers and the Worker assigned to that Turf will copy from the Effort you choose.
To copy Turf and Workers, you need to create a new Effort. Then you can copy Turf and Workers and edit the Effort before launching.
Keywords: Creating turf, edit turf, combine turf, separate turf, use old turf, use past turf, delete turf, remove turf